Our Christ-centered, classical approach to education is designed to cultivate joy, confidence, and the love for learning in our students.
Grace Classical Academy provides a full Pre-K 3 – 12th grade programming by using engaging methods such as the classical model of education. This model originates from ancient cultures and is based on the Latin word, “Trivium,” which is translated three-fold or three-part way. The three stages of the Trivium are the Grammar stage (grades Pre-K through 6), the Logic or Dialectic stage, (grades 7-8), and the Rhetoric stage (grades 9-12).
Grammar stage instruction focuses on mastering a rich body of information and facts by engaging methods such as songs and jingles. Students in the Logic/Dialectic stage learn how to think analytically and develop their use of inductive and deductive reasoning skills. Rhetoric students polish their writing and speaking skills, helping them to be persuasive and eloquent in oral and written presentations.
Our curriculum is thoroughly integrated with the truth of our faith. The goal is to help students develop a Christian worldview and think biblically.
Grace Classical Academy is dedicated to assisting families in the instruction of their children using the classical model of education. This is accomplished by employing developmentally appropriate and academically challenging methods.
Our goal is to equip children to think and act biblically in all areas of life, inspiring them to lead and serve others for the glory of God.
Equipping children to think and act biblically using the classical model of education.
Gratia et Veritas per Iesum Christum facta est. Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (John 1:17b)
GCA is certified by the Maryland State Department of Education for both our Pre-K and our K-12 program. The state does not determine our curriculum, but has approved the courses we require for graduation.
We are an independent, non-denominational school. GCA is not church-affiliated and all students are welcome to apply.
Pre-K 3 M/TH 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Pre-K 4 T/W/F 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Kindergarten M-F 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1st – 12th grades M-F 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Extended Day and After School Programs
As a service to our school families, an extended care program is available to students in our kindergarten and Pre-K programs, which are half-day.
Additionally, homework club is available for students who also need care after our 3:30 dismissal.
A variety of activities are offered at Grace Classical Academy. Students participate on athletic teams, including soccer, basketball, volleyball, and cross country. Singing in our choir and taking part in our drama production engage students in the arts at our school. Students are inspired to create beautiful artwork and all aspects of music through instruction in all of our grades.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, existing eternally in three Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His victorious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His physical return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man the Holy Spirit’s regenerating work is absolutely essential; that salvation is based on God’s grace, through faith alone.
- We believe in the ongoing, sustaining work of the Holy Spirit, who resides in the Christian, enabling each to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved into the conscious eternal presence of God, and the lost into conscious eternal separation from God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that marriage is intended by God to be between a man and woman, and that gender is determined by God at conception.
As a nondenominational school these are our core beliefs and form the biblical underpinnings for our teaching.
“In the essentials of the Christian faith, we advocate unity; in non-essentials, we embrace liberty; in all things, we seek to practice charity, pro gloria Dei, for the glory of God.”